Chinese Herbalism uses safe and effective tailor made prescriptions to treat the client’s condition. These prescriptions contain Traditional Chinese Medical ingredients such as roots, leaves and flowers which are combined according to classical Chinese Prescriptions.
Chinese Herbal Medicine can be used with or without the accompaniment of Acupuncture treatment.
What is in a prescription?
- Only Traditional Chinese herbal plant products are used.
- No Western medicines are used.
- No animal products, mineral products nor endangered plant species are used.
- Chinese Herbal medicines are all bought from Approved Herbal Suppliers
- Any advice from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is strictly adhered to.
Can Chinese Herbal Medicine be taken with other forms of medicine?
TCM in general, including Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Medical Qigong can be combined with or used alongside other medical therapies and disciplines, such as western medicine. You will not be asked to stop taking any Western Medicines that the doctor has prescribed for you, but your practitioner may suggest another form of TCM treatment if the herbal medicines are not compatible with the medicines you are taking.
What is Chinese Herbal Medicine used for?
All forms of TCM treatment strive to boost, reinforce, strengthen and invigorate the Qi. Acupuncture medicine, for example, employs finest needles, applied to the skin, to drive out unhealthy Qi and restore healthy circulation of optimal Qi. Herbs do likewise, but “from the inside”. The herbs are ingested and work away, silently and unseen, to do their restorative, regenerative or vitalising work.
Member of the Professional Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine
The Herbal Register is concerned to ensure that:
- Only safe, effective and legal products are imported into the country and used by its practitioners
- No herbal products are used which are derived from environmentally threatened species
- Patients are advised against self-prescription with Herbal products